How do I accept a passenger's booking request on one of my flights?
After a passenger has made a booking on a specific flight you offer, you need to approve their request after which they will receive a link to make payment and once they have done so it will confirm the booking. When a booking request is placed, you will receive a notification from us via email and SMS. Please be aware that you have 48 hours to respond and that unanswered booking requests get automatically declined after 2 days. Even if you are unavailable to fly with the person on that date, you can always reschedule to fly with them another time or refuse their request so the passengers receive a response.
How to accept a booking request on Wingly:
1. Log into your Wingly account and choose the "flight management" option under the "cockpit" tab, at the top right of the page:
2. You will see a new pending booking request from a passenger on one of your flights.
You have 48 hours to let the system know that you either accept to fly on this date or would like to suggest an alternative date after which the passenger will receive a link to make payment on Wingly for their share of the costs.
3. Click on the button Access request.
4. You will now see the full details about the flight requested by the passenger.
Our booking system also allows passengers to make a simultaneous booking request to up to 3 different pilots. If this is the case you will be notified via your booking email via flight management. The first pilot to approve the request will be the one to take on the booking and the booking request will be automatically cancelled for the other pilots.
You will also be notified about this via your flight management
5. If you are available to fly on the original date and time work you can click accept and Wingly will send your passengers a link to make payment and confirm their booking with you.
Once accepted, your passenger will have 24 hours to make payment for their share of the flight and you will receive a confirmation of their payment on Wingly. On the rare occasion that a passenger is unable to make payment Wingly will also notify you and cancel the booking request automatically.
6. Once accepted your passenger will have 24 hours to make payment for the request in order to confirm the booking on their end. You will be able to follow this on your dashboard as it will appear as waiting for payment.
7. Once payment has been made by the passenger their booking will now automatically appear in your booked flight list.
8. You will now have access to the full details of the passenger as well as their weights to prepare for the flight. You will also see what you receive when these passengers fly in terms of costs. As you have the passenger's full details you can now also contact them directly to organise any additional flight details.
Once a booking request is confirmed you are always able to reschedule the dates later on if ever needed such as weather postponements, you can also always cancel the flight as well and the passengers will be simply refunded.
If you are refusing a booking request, and choose 'Aircraft availability' as the reason, please state whether it is simply that the aircraft is booked on that day, or whether the aircraft is under maintenance. If the aircraft is out of service, or you are unable to fly for a prolonged period for any other reason, you may need to update your calendar.
This will prevent further bookings from coming in on days you are unavailable.
If you have any questions, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone on +447708405306. We are available from Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 17:30.
What's the flight request process for a pilot?
Flight request is a new Wingly feature which boosts provides a greater flying possibility, both for the passenger and the pilot. In the event that you as a pilot haven't posted the flight desired by a passenger, the passenger will now be able to ...
Can a passenger cancel at short notice?
Our cancellation policy is dependent on the flight purchased: a cost sharing flight with a private pilot or one of our commercial "Wingly Pro" flights. For our cost sharing flights the passenger has the option to cancel a flight up to 24 hours prior ...
Will I receive the passenger's contact details?
Once you accept a booking request from a passenger, you will receive their contact details so you can chat further and finalise your plans for the day of the flight. Prior to a booking being made, exchanging of contact details is prohibited on the ...
Can I use my pilot account to book flights as a passenger?
A Wingly Pilot account also has the functionality of a passenger account. With your pilot account, you are able to book other pilots’ flights as a passenger, use the passenger referral feature, bookmark other flights you see on Wingly, as well as ...
How do I reschedule or offer alternative dates on a booking?
If you find that you've had a passenger make a booking for a date you're not able to fly, we strongly encourage you to reschedule the booking request by suggesting an alternative date for the passenger to consider accepting, instead of declining the ...