How do I book and pay for a flight?
If you have arranged a time and date with the pilot already*, you will still need to make a booking through the website so the pilot can confirm the flight and to ensure you are covered by the Wingly insurance. To make your booking, follow these steps:
*Little tip! It's not required to send a pilot a message prior to booking, but we always recommend doing so as it increases the chances of your booking being accepted by the pilot, so your unique flight experience can go ahead!
1. Go to the flight page of the flight you would like to book and select the time and date of the flight, and the number of seats you would like to book. Click 'Book flight'.
2. Enter the name and weight of each passenger on the flight. Click 'Next'.
Wingly operate light aircraft which are very sensitive to weight restrictions. Each flight has different weight restrictions, however, if you weigh over 95kg, we generally advise sending the pilot a direct message prior to booking to ensure that this particular flight is suitable.
3. Send a message to the pilot and click 'Next'.
*Little tip! This is your chance to tell the pilot a bit about the experience you would like to have! If it's for a special occasion, don't hesitate to let the pilot know. It's also worth noting that routes are often very flexible, and pilots are usually able to tailor the flight to your specific requirements if you ask to them to!
4. Enter your payment details. You can pay by either credit card or PayPal. Click 'Pay Now' and your booking request will be sent to the pilot who will have 48 hours to respond.
5. Once your pilot has accepted your booking request, you will have access to his personal information e.g. phone number, email address. From here, you will be able to discuss further arrangements for your flight and organise any changes you wish to make to the route advertised.
If you have any problems, we encourage you to contact us directly at email@example.com or by phone on +44 1905 57 0566. We are available from Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 17:30 (GMT). Outside of these hours, a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible.
How do I book a flight using a gift card?
If you have arranged a time and date with the pilot already*, follow these steps to make your booking using a gift card: *Little tip! It's not required to send a pilot a message prior to booking, but we always recommend doing so as it increases the ...
Why do I have to pay before my flight happens?
After Wingly receives the booking confirmation, the amount you have paid for the booking will be charged. This money will be set aside by Wingly until your flight has been completed, and transferred to the pilot once we receive confirmation that the ...
I have been gifted a specific flight, can I apply this voucher to a different flight?
This is sometimes the case if you're unable to book the flight you've been gifted due to extenuating circumstances or alternatively, you find a flight you prefer and feel would be better suited for you, you're welcome to use your voucher code on ...
How do I search for a flight?
When you visit our website, you will first see our homepage. Where it says 'Where do you fly from?', type your hometown/location you wish to fly from (e.g. London), and select the location from the drop-down menu which will appear. Once you have ...
About Wingly and flight sharing
What is the concept of Wingly? Wingly is the first flight-sharing platform in Europe. Through our digital platform, we connect private pilots, offering vacant seats to passengers curious to discover Earth from above so that they can share the costs ...