Posting a flight through the Wingly messenger is a new feature that will allow you to easily create a flight on demand for a passenger. Instead of having to create a flight and making it public on the platform (where any passenger would be able to book), this flight will be private, so it can only be viewed by those who have the link. This feature is used for two scenarios: either with a flight request
, or when a passenger directly contacts a pilot with a specific flight in mind. The same cost calculations and rules apply. The only difference here is that passengers are automatically sent a link to payment and so the flight will be automatically accepted for you when payment is made.
What is the process of sending a private flight on the Wingly messenger?
1. Log into your Wingly pilot's account
2. Go into your Wingly messenger inbox and the conversation with a passenger that has expressed intent in wanting to fly with you.
3. Select the flight you wish to share with your passenger via Wingly message.
4. Select the flight they want add a small message and hit send on your messenger.
5. When your passenger books the flight and makes a payment, you will be notified via email and this flight will directly appear in your booked flight list.
Alternatively, you will also be able to create a custom flight via the messenger should you wish:
1. Go into your Wingly messenger inbox and the conversation with a passenger that has expressed intent in wanting to fly with you.
Assuming you have had a flight request and have liaised with your passengers about the logistics of this flight, the next step would be to post the flight. With this new feature, you will be able to post this flight as an invisible flight, with the knowledge that only those with whom you share the flight will be able to book it.
2. If this flight is a flight request, use Wingly messenger to post the flight in the same way
The image below points to a button with an "+" sign. If you click on this, you will be given the option to post a flight from the messenger.
3. At this stage, you are able to follow the usual steps of creating a flight. Of course, you will have liaised with the passenger about logistics (date, flight type etc) and can fill in the details accordingly. You will then be able to create an invisible custom flight for your passengers. You will be required to choose the type of flight and the aircraft in your saved fleet that you will be flying.
Please note that while this flight is not publically displayed Wingly will verify the costs should they seem overstated.
4. You will then be required to input the airfields you wish to fly from and the total duration of the flight in order for Wingly to compute the costs.
5. Next please fill in the take of time and the date you wish to fly on.
6. Include any additional costs such as landing fees or other direct costs such as hangarage or overnight parking and post the flight on the system.
Please make sure any costs added are correct as the system will flag your profile if costs are over stated.
7. You can then send the flight directly to the passenger, who will be able to view it and book it like a normal Wingly flight.
8. When your passenger books the flight and makes a payment, you will be notified via email and this flight will directly appear in your booked flight list.
Please make sure that once this booking is in your system you are happy with the weights and balance as it should have been previously discussed.
If you have any questions, you can contact us directly at email@example.com
or by phone on +447708405306. We are available from Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 17:30.